Inspiring & Educating Chicago's Youth through Arts
Supporting Urban Gateway's mission and three new program initiatives
Creating Art, Creating Change Challenge - Lauren A Project of Urban Gateways
Urban Gateway's mission is to educate and inspire young people by delivering high-quality, accessible arts experiences that advance their personal and academic growth. Urban Gateways delivers high quality arts programs by trained and experienced professional artists in music, dance, theater, literary arts, visual arts, and digital media to engage youth in grades pre-k through 12, their teachers, administrators, and art specialists to develop and deliver engaging, integrated curricula for all types of leaners. Urban Gateways accomplishes its mission by providing multi-disciplinary arts experiences for 70,000 participants in over 220 locations across the Chicago Metropolitan area. Founded in 1961 to enable access and equity to the arts for youth, and considered a pioneer in the field of arts education, Urban Gateways has remained a vital part of Chicago's cultural legacy for the last 55 years.
Help the Associate Board raise critical dollars to support Urban Gateways' new program initiatives! New programs include Arts Healing Trauma, Street Level Youth Media acquisition, and $5 Teen Ticket initiative.
As you can see, every dollar can have a great impact!
• $10 provides one week of transit for a teen artist apprentice.
• $25 provides script copies for a theater class.
• $50 provides paint supplies for a visual arts residency.
• $100 provides 2 hours of an artist residency for up to 30 students.
• $250 can provide a professional development workshop for school teachers on arts integration strategies.
• $500 can provide a full set of arts supplies for a school-wide visual arts residency.
• $1,000 can provide an educational and artistic live performance by one of our touring groups in music, dance or theater for 500 children.
I believe in the power of the arts to transform and improve the lives of our youth. I hope you will join me in supporting this fantastic organization!